Nette Foundation Meetup 4 & 5
The fourth meetup was held on
It was a working night rather than a meeting. We were:
The fifth meetup was held on
The first topic was the New
default directory structure RFC. The discussion was long as usual with these
everybody-affecting things. We agreed that the old behavior is quite outdated
but we couldn’t agree about the new one. So we laid out a few basic
- comfortable for small and big projects, with or without modules
- don’t mix up common folders and specific implementation files
- template layout is optional
- ideal application state is one or two actions per presenter
- new Latte API will cache template file paths, template lookup efficiency is
therefore not so important
Taking these into account we are preparing an implementation. It will pay
attention, among the other things, to presenter's inheritance.
The second big topic was the nette.org website. New standalone projects
become with the divided
Nette framework, the website is not only about framework now.
At least the Tester, Latte, Tracy, and
Database deserve a full-featured web presentation that current nette.org webpage
cannot satisfy. Work is in progress.
We discussed a few next tiny issues and one bigger on the end. IProvider
is a modular concept. In a short, it moves some user’s extension
responsibilities into the framework. It starts to be more interesting with
mature DI implementation as Nette DI
had become. Things are moving, stay tuned.