Nette Foundation Meetup 4 & 5
The fourth meetup was held on April
It was a working night rather than a meeting. We were:
- preparing a VPS
- fixing bugs on Addons Portal
- cleaning up the database with addons
- discussing the pull request for Request restore refactoring
The fifth meetup was held on mid-May.
The first topic was the New default directory structure RFC. The discussion was long as usual with these everybody-affecting things. We agreed that the old behavior is quite outdated but we couldn’t agree about the new one. So we laid out a few basic requirements:
- comfortable for small and big projects, with or without modules
- don’t mix up common folders and specific implementation files
- template layout is optional
- ideal application state is one or two actions per presenter
- new Latte API will cache template file paths, template lookup efficiency is therefore not so important
Taking these into account we are preparing an implementation. It will pay attention, among the other things, to presenter's inheritance.
The second big topic was the nette.org website. New standalone projects become with the divided Nette framework, the website is not only about framework now.
At least the Tester, Latte, Tracy, and Database deserve a full-featured web presentation that current nette.org webpage cannot satisfy. Work is in progress.
We discussed a few next tiny issues and one bigger on the end. IProvider is a modular concept. In a short, it moves some user’s extension responsibilities into the framework. It starts to be more interesting with mature DI implementation as Nette DI had become. Things are moving, stay tuned.